Thursday, May 29, 2014

Blog 22: Senior Project Reflection

(1) Positive Statement


What are you most proud of in your Block Presentation and/or your senior project? Why?


I'm proud of my power point because I created 64 slides for my presentation and I believe this helped me to exceed the required time limit for this block presentation. I'm also proud of creating my activity. I thought my activity tied really well with my first and second answers to my EQ. 

(2) Questions to Consider


a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your Block Presentation (self-assessment)?

AE

b.     What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project (self-assessment)?

AE/P+

(3) What worked for you in your senior project?

 
My mentorship overall worked really well throughout my senior project because of what I did at mentorship. The AutoCAD work really helped me with a lot of my presentations because it showed not only my work at mentorship, but it also really connected with my EQ. AutoCAD was also important because it was good reference for my foundation and my answer (when I explain the SMRF).

(4) (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would have you done differently to improve your senior project if you could go back in time?

I felt like it would have been more beneficial for me to find a class that either taught AutoCAD or the basics of structural engineering. Instead of doing more mentorship, if I could go back in time, I would've taken a class instead of doing more mentorship hours for my independent components. Doing extra mentorship hours consumed a lot of my time and I had a little bit of some time management issues with my classes because of this.

(5) Finding Value

How has the senior project been helpful to you in your future endeavors?   Be specific and use examples.

I'm going to be majoring in electrical engineering, and my mentorship throughout the year helped me get ahead in my major. Most engineers use AutoCAD software and I believe by being just a little familiar with this software will help me progress more in my electrical engineering career. Senior project has also shown me an engineer's daily job. During my mentorship, I met a few younger engineers (there about in their late 20's or early 30's) and most of their job is too just go on AutoCAD software and design and check structures. So this gave me an insight of what my future may hold during my beginnings when I actually become an electrical engineer.

No comments:

Post a Comment