Saturday, June 8, 2013

2013 2-Hour Presentation Reflections


Title:  2013 2-Hour Presentation Reflections
Label:  Research
Due Date:  Monday, June 11th by 8AM

Content:

Literal:  

1.  (Know) What presentations did you see?  Name the topic and the person's first name.

 Leslie - Zombie Culture

Roxana - Daycare Centers

 Jaime - Navy: Ways against terrorism

 Joseph - Integrate Native Species

Andrea - Painting

 Raul - Remote Control Car Racing

Reann - Wildlife Conservation

Jada - Autism/Psychiatry

Ana - Event Planning

Kendall - Coping With Cancer

Rachel - Teaching Chemistry

Jacob - Teaching History

JD - Pastry Art

Salvador - Soccer


2.  (Need to know) What questions do you have that haven't been answered about the senior project? This can be about the senior project in general, any components or about a presentation topic you saw or what they said.  

Here are my questions I have about the senior project?

How many components are there during senior year?

What are the components of the senior project?

When do we make our own essential question during the senior project?

During senior year, can our mentorship hours count as community service after the 50 hours we completed?

What grade percentage is the senior project worth?
Interpretive:

3. What has the most important part of the senior project based on what you are seeing in the 2-hour presentations?

Research is probably, I think, the most important part of the senior project. The reason is because research determines good or poor content. If there is good content, the presentation will usually be interesting enough to attract the audience. For example, I thought Jada's presentation, when I saw her topic, wouldn't be fun, since I'm not interested in her topic. However, Jada gave lots of new information about the functions of child games that intrigued me to listen to her presentation even though I didn't like her topic.

Applied:

4. What topic are you considering doing and why?

I'm considering my topic to be electrical engineering because I interested in becoming an engineer and it's one of the engineering fields that I'm not as familiar with. I'm not sure what type of engineer I want to be, which is why I might consider to do electrical engineering, to see if I become interested in this field. Doing something new will also make me research more information, which would benefit my senior project.






No comments:

Post a Comment