Thursday, February 6, 2014

Blog 13: Lesson 2 Reflection

1. Positive Statement


What are you most proud of in your Lesson 2 Presentation and why?

I'm most proud of my powerpoint because on my lesson 1, the look of my powerpoint was very bland, so I try to put more colors and themes this time.

2. Questions to Consider
       a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your Lesson 2 Presentation (self-assessment)?

       AE       P          AP       CR       NC

I would give myself a P

       b.     Explain why you deserve that grade using evidence from the Lesson 2 component contract.

I did what was required, which was turning in a poster with my EQ, coming in on time, presenting in the right length of time, turning in my final lesson plan, having an activity (LEGO tower activity), presenting an answer to my EQ (By creating a better foundation, using Special Moment Restraint Frames (SMRF) with isolators.), addressing the EQ (How can a structural engineer best a building for earthquake resistance), having materials, citing my research (my sources, mentor MCEER website) and cleaning up.

3. What worked for you in your Lesson 2?

Everyone participated in my activity and I also got good feedback about my activity.

4.  (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would you have done differently to improve your Lesson 2?

I would try not to face the audience with my back as much, so I would try to point to my pictures using a stick or something. I would also try to change my hook activity since the audience was giving me the same answers to my questions. 

5. Finding Value
What do you think your answer #2 is going to be?  

My answer #2: Designing structures with more ductility features.

No comments:

Post a Comment