Monday, March 31, 2014

March Extra Post: USArray Ground Motion Visualization

USArray Ground Motion Visualization look at the recorded seismic waves amplitude from each seismometer location show how seismic waves travel from earthquakes. There are different colors which represents different symbols on each recorded seismic wave amplitude. The colors determine the vertical ground motion coming from the seismic amplitude waves. In this video it mostly shows the seismic wave amplitudes in red and blue. The color red represents upward ground motion, while the color blue represents downward motion. The USArray Ground Motion Visualization is an important source specifically for my answer 2 of my EQ. My answer 2 explains how the effect of seismic analyses better design a building for earthquake resistance. One of my details in my answer 2 is ground motion maps. I didn't fully understand or a solid source of ground motion maps, which is why the USArray Ground Motion Visualization provided me a better illustration on how ground motion maps are utilized.


No comments:

Post a Comment