Saturday, November 30, 2013

Manuals for Building Element Measurements

During my mentorship, I've been starting to use more books to help me calculate building elements. Most engineers can't remember every scale or measurement for every single building element. There are too many components for each type of building element for a single engineer to memorize. These components can be weight, height, depth, thickness, dimensions, etc. Recently, I've been studying more on a building element called Wide Flanges. Wide Flanges help stabilize beams and also let the beams expand their limber properties. To find the measurements to find the weight capacity of the beams, I have to consider these wide flanges in the equation. This book (on the bottom) helps not only give me the measurements for different sizes of Wide Flanges, but also for all steel building elements.



On the top left hand corner of this page there's a picture that's in a shape of an I. That picture is an example of a Wide Flange. This page also shows an example of what measurements structural engineers have to look for during their work hours.



No comments:

Post a Comment